Thursday, November 15, 2012

Prayers for a fellow blogger

Nov. 15, 2012
The Daily Gator

I was stunned, and saddened today, reading at Zilla’s blog, that Amusing Bunni is very sick, and needs every prayer that can be offered up. Head over to Zilla’s place if you can help in any way

Amusing Bunni is a dear friend, a blogger, and the maker of the most adorable kitty videos ever. She used do a lot of Conservative blogging (from Chicago!) but a while back the death threats she received (from sickos who didn’t even TRY to hide their IP addresses!) got to be too much so she backed off from the politics and just did adorable videos mostly, while coming to other Conservative blogs and making them better for her having stopped by there in our comments sections. I knew something was going on with her when I saw this:

Sometimes, you get news in life that is so awful, so horrible, and
the worst is when you can do NOTHING about it to change it. So, in those times, the best
thing to do is just
Hug your teddy bear!
[...]
I’m still shell shocked by Tuesday’s horrid news that cements America’s path on the road to ruin. That news is almost as bad as what else I learned, but I’ll save that for another time. Prayers are needed all around, for America, and for me! RTWT

So I had to ask, and eventually, she told me. I have her permission now to tell you. Brace yourself, this is copied from an email she sent me:
There is no good way to put this, so the cold hard truth is:
I was in hospital for 8 days, after all the tests, biopsies, bone scans, mri, cat scans, ultra sounds, etc. etc. It’s confirmed I have 5th stage inoperable liver cancer, HCC. There is NOTHING to be done to treat it. I have been given 3 to 6 months to live.

So, I’m terminal. There are so many tumors in my abdomen, and the liver is enlarged very much, they can’t operate, the tumors and blood vessels are too much and too close, they can’t do chemo, or NOTHING, so I just will be seeing palliative care Dr.’s for medicine adjustments to help with the pain, and then just get my affairs in order and wait to die.


Bunni is now (obviously) unable to work and she has mortgage and other bill payments still to worry about and she will need help covering medical and other expenses as well. Here is her PayPal button:

No comments: