Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Colonel's Secret Recipe Exposed: Student finds 'kidney' in KFC meal

Jan.8, 2013

When a UK student thought he found a brain inside a piece of KFC chicken, the food chain tried to ease his anger by clarifying he had actually found a kidney.
"For all those that wanted to show their friends and families, here is the reason to never go to KFC ever again," Ibrahim Langoo via Facebook
Ibrahim Langoo wasn't expecting to find a body part inside his KFC chicken, yet he did.

The 19-year-old musical theater student was lucky (or unlucky) enough to split his piece of chicken apart before eating it while having lunch at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Colchester, Essex, because inside it lay a body organ, The Sun reported Sunday.

“I have a habit of picking the chicken off the bone with my fingers and as I pulled the second piece apart, I saw this horrible wrinkled foreign body, Langoo told The Sun. "I threw it down onto my tray immediately. It looked like a brain. I suddenly felt grim and really sick."


The student took a picture of the stomach-wrenching piece of chicken and complained to the staff who in return offered him free vouchers for more KFC food. Langoo is not expecting to use these anytime soon.

“KFC say they are sorry and are concerned to hear of my experience as they have ’rigorous standards’ but I’m still not impressed," he told the newspaper. "I never want to eat KFC again - in Colchester or anywhere else. I’ll eat chicken at home, where I can see how it’s been prepared.”


A spokeswoman for KFC apologized for the "unsightly" event and guaranteed that KFC "always [tries] to ensure the highest standards in all of [their] restaurants." Adding that an expert analysis has struck down the possibility of the organ being a brain.

"Although we haven’t received the product, it appears from a photograph that unfortunately on this occasion a kidney, and not a brain as claimed, was not removed in the preparation process."

source: UPI

No comments: