Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Georgia Mother Banned From Daughter’s School for Posting Pic of Her Gun Permit on Facebook

11/5/13


Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 8.43.55 PM


An Augusta, GA mother is now banned from her disabled daughter’s school simply because she posted a picture of her weapons permit on Facebook.
The reason for this no trespassing order sent from the school is simply ridiculous. Simply because the woman served her country in the Army and now has a weapons permit, the principal sees her as a danger and threat to the school.

According to WRDW,

“I feel like a criminal. I want I want to be heard. I want a public apology,” says Mount. On Wednesday, Mount says she was handed a notice from Richmond County Board of Education police.

“He tells me that were going to issue you a criminal trespass warning,” says Mount. The notice banned her from McBean Elementary School where her disabled daughter attends.

She asked what she did wrong. “The principal is scared of you and she doesn’t want you on the grounds. I ask for what? And he asks were you in the Army and I said yes. He’s like do you have a concealed weapons permit? I said yes,” says Mount.

Mount who is a parent volunteer says she is banned from the school for posting a picture of her new concealed weapons permit on her Facebook page.

Under GA law, since she was issued a trespass warning, Mount could be arrested if she returns to the school.

Mount was allowed to transfer her daughter to another school within the district following the incident.

- See more on this story Here

Source: JMMedia

No comments: