Friday, July 22, 2011

Canton OH 'Only Ones' put the lie to public pledge--not to mention their oaths

David Codrea, Gun Rights Examiner

Several readers have sent me a dashcam video of the Canton, OH Polizei stopping a concealed carry permit holder. I was going to hold off on posting anything on Examiner until I finished my story-gathering for tomorrow's War on Guns radio show, but the video made me so angry I thought I'd best dash something off now or it would bug me until I did.

See the sidebar video player. Be warned, the language on the part of the "public servant" treating citizens like inferiors to be insulted and threatened is graphic and vulgar. It's also enraging and absolutely inexcusable.

Here's how the Canton PD defines it's "mission":

The mission of the Canton Police Department is to protect the lives and properties of the citizens of Canton, enforce all city, state, and federal laws, prevent crime, and educate the public.

We, the men and women of the Canton Police Department, shall perform these duties with honesty and fairness through strong leadership and continuous training. We will strive to serve as role models for the community, applying professional standards and commitment to integrity, sensitivity and compassion to those we serve.

Based on results, I'd say that's a lie.

I'd also say the oath the thug in the video took was a lie as well.

And this pinhead's partner is just as guilty, because he didn't stop the frothing bully in his tracks. Good Lord, Canton releases these impulse control-challenged anger management class rejects on the public--armed? Is this badged punk going through 'roid rage or something, or is this the natural state the Canton PD keep their attack dogs primed in?

I heard death threats--what would be prosecuted as terrorist threats had a member of the public uttered them. There is no place for this state-sponsored terrorism in the Founder's Republic. Have charges been filed against this thug yet? If not, why not?

What's the name of this raging goon? * The public paying for this trough-feeder have a right to know, and besides, I want to know if he's anywhere near me or mine so I can take measures to protect myself.

And some say gorillas like these are the "Only Ones" who should have guns. And that they should enjoy a monopoly of violence. And that we shouldn't criticize our heroic enforcers until we've goose-stepped a mile in their jackboots...

UPDATE: * Daniel Harless, per the Canton Repository. Also, Dave Workman weighs in here.

No comments: