Thursday, December 4, 2014

Is There A Government Conspiracy To Entrap 2nd Amendment Supporters?

12/4/2014


mkgct2

Is There A Government Conspiracy To Entrap 2nd Amendment Supporters?

By , December 3, 2014.
Mark Kessler, the former Gilbert, PA police chief, made headlines by posting over-the-top anti-liberal/pro-gun videos to YouTube. He made the news again in August when the city council voted to suspend him for his rapid support of gun rights. Now, he’s newsworthy again because he is claiming that he made those videos on behalf of the federal government to help flush out radical right-wingers and possible “lone wolf” domestic terrorists.
Sounds pretty hard to believe, but that’s what Kessler told Alan Colmes yesterday in an interview. Not only does he say that the videos were part of a government sting operation, he asserts that they worked and resulted in several arrests.
KESSLER: I signed up with those agencies, several different agencies and began an operation where I was just a magnet. I was sent out there to attract the worst of the worst and frankly it worked.
COLMES: You were sent out by whom?
KESSLER: I was sent out for, well I can’t really say exactly who but, I was sent out by agencies to go out and attract and investigate, whatever I can do to find out who’s who and what’s what among these groups. When I say groups, I’m talking about Second Amendment groups, patriot groups, alleged patriot groups, militia groups.
As you can imagine, Kessler is not at liberty to divulge much information about this top-secret operation:
KESSLER: They were put out by me and they were put out by the people that I worked for at the time.
COLMES: Were you not working for the police department of Gilberton PA?
KESSLER: No I wasn’t
COLMES: Were you working for the federal government?
KESSLER: Yes, I can’t say what agency.
While Kessler might sound like kind of a dick for helping set up gun rights supporters, he claims he did it to save lives:
KESSLER: I couldn’t tell anybody. I just couldn’t, it was complete deniability. I could not say a word to anyone about the operation. So again it was bigger than me. I’d seen an opportunity to advance my law enforcement career, and there was no way I was going to turn it down.
COLMES: Is this the first time you revealed this?
KESSLER: Yes absolutely, yep
COLMES: Were you promised a job by somebody in the federal government to do this?
KESSLER: No, it was volunteer work.
COLMES: What was in it for you?
KESSLER: I got to save a lot of lives, I can tell you that.
As for who this operation actually “took down” Kessler said this:
KESSLER: I’m happy to say that we took down several plotted attacks that didn’t go through, we took down a group in Georgia. We took down a group in Texas.
COLMES: Can you name any of the groups you took down?
KESSLER: The Triple X Minutemen is one group.
COLMES: Who are they?
KESSLER: They are from the Georgia area, and they were planning to blow up a federal building.
COLMES: Any other groups you can cite that you took down?
KESSLER: We took some lone wolves down in Texas that were militia guys, I shouldn’t say militia, they were wanna be terrorists.
I actually tried to do a little research into the Triple X Minutemen. I couldn’t find any evidence of them getting taken down, but they do have a FaceBook page.
So what do you think? Is Kessler telling the truth? Did he really make those videos as part of a government plot to arrest rightwing domestic terrorists or is he just bullsh*tting to get his job back?
I’m leaning toward BS for the simple reason that if his story were true he wouldn’t be talking about it right now. If there really were a covert government plan to flush out the “worst of the worst” none of the operatives would be at liberty to discus any facet of the operation.
That being said, the government certainly looks at gun owners and patriots as the enemy so it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that there are current operations to entrap 2nd Amendment supporters and militia groups. I just don’t think Kessler is part of it.


source

No comments: