Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Obama: Back Immigration Action Because of Christmas, Bible

12/10/2014


President Barack Obama implied Tuesday that the Christmas spirit should have people backing his executive action on immigration.
During his immigration question-and-answer session in Tennessee, a member of the clergy wished him a “joyful and blessed Christmas.”
Obama thanked him.
“I appreciate that, Father. It’s worth considering the Good Book when you’re thinking about immigration. This Christmas season there’s a whole story about a young, soon-to-be-mother and her husband of modest means looking for a place to house themselves for the night, and there’s no room at the inn.
“And as I said the day that I announced these executive actions, we were once strangers too. And part of what my faith teaches me is to look upon the stranger as part of myself. And during this Christmas season, that’s a good place to start.
“So thank you for your generous comment. But if we’re serious about the Christmas season, now is a good time to reflect on those who are strangers in our midst, and remember what it was like to be a stranger.”


source

No comments: