Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Johnny Manziel reportedly has drinks thrown on him by heckling fans at a nightclub

1/6/2015


Johnny Manziel pregame panthers
Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel throws during warm ups before the game against the Carolina Panthers on Dec. 21, 2014. (Joshua Gunter, The Plain Dealer)
Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media GroupBy Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group 
Follow on Twitter
on January 05, 2015 at 5:59 PM, updated January 05, 2015 at 9:08 PM



CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Johnny Manziel had another eventful night out on the town, according to TMZ Sports.

The site reported Monday that Manziel had drinks thrown at him at a Houston nightclub after he flipped some hecklers the bird.

The incident took place late Sunday at Dekan nightclub in Houston, after Manziel spent the first few days of his break in South Beach.

He's due back in Cleveland this week for treatment on his pulled hamstring, but apparently made the most of his free time after the season ended Dec. 28 and players were allowed to leave town Dec. 29th.

TMZ Sports talked to J.R. from Sticky Promotions, who was with Manziel at the club Sunday night. He said the hecklers shouted at Manziel and aggressively tried to take photos of him.

He's been warned by the Browns, and by teammates, not to let people photograph him in bars.

Manziel, who was fined $12,000 in preseason for raising his middle finger to the Redskins' bench, let the bird fly again Sunday night and was doused with drinks for the gesture.

"I ducked and I looked at Johnny and we grabbed security and they ran us out of there," J.R. told TMZ Sports.

The site reported that Manziel and some members of his party went back to their hotel room to change, and then returned to the club. By then, the hecklers had been tossed from the bar.

The incident never escalated to the point where the police had to be called, according to TMZ Sports.

Manziel was also involved in an incident Nov. 22 at his downtown Cleveland apartment building The 9 with what he described as a "very intoxicated, very aggressive'' fan the night before the team left for Atlanta. He was also fined the day before the season finale for oversleeping for his hamstring treatment after a late night of partying.

The Monday after the finale, when players were cleaning out their lockers, Manziel apologized to his teammates for being a distraction and vowed to be accountable "instead of looking like a jackass.''

"I think I've been a work in progress throughout this year,'' he said. "There have been a lot of ups and downs. There have been some good things and bad things. 

You know but I'm still an extremely competitive person and know what I want to do in my life. I know what is important to me and now it is time to come in here, look at myself in the mirror and hold myself accountable and start making some deals with myself.

"These problems I'm doing in my life that are occurring every now and then are bumps, and things in the past have caught up to me. I need to start doing every single thing and everything the right way and if I don't I'm going to be exposed."

He added that he also wasn't fair to the fans who expected great things from Johnny Football this season.

"I didn't come out and perform this year and that's what it comes down to,'' he said. "I'm upset with how I have handled things at times. I did grow up and then I took a step back. It is the same story with me. We're taking one step forward and then two steps back.

"Now it is really in my court. What do I want to do and what do I want to be known as? Do I want to be known as a guy who has been in this league two years and now doing something different with his life or come in here and compete, give this thing a fair chance and work my ass off to be the quarterback and person I know I am. Am I going to put the time in and do what I need to do to be successful and that's what it comes down to."

Meanwhile, the Browns admitted they'll leave no stone unturned in their bid to get their quarterback situation right and that they'll look at all available rookies and veterans.

Browns general manager Ray Farmer also said he still believes Manziel has the ability to be successful in the NFL.

"I do think he can develop into a solid starter in this league, yes,'' said Farmer. 

"The sample size that's available is small, and to that end we've all got to be patient. I think there is an opportunity for the guy, it's up to him to make those changes, but I think the talent is in his body to accomplish that."

He added that the Browns wouldn't hesitate to draft a quarterback in the first round for the second season in a row.

"Nope, I would not,'' he said. "I would not hesitate to take whoever I thought could help this football team and move us forward. The goal is to win. It's not draft any particular person or player.''

In his first week of the offseason, Manziel hasn't yet shown any signs of changing.


source

No comments: