Friday, January 9, 2015

Boehner: ‘I’m The Most Anti-Establishment Speaker We’ve Ever Had’

1/9/2015


POLITICS
Boehner: 'I'm The Most Anti-Establishment Speaker We've Ever Had'
Daily Caller


Speaker of the House John Boehner defended his conservative bona fides Thursday, arguing during a press conference that it “pains” him to be described as a “squish” by members of his own party
His comments, directed at the conservative wing of the GOP, come days after 25 members of his own party, many of whom argue he is not sufficiently conservative, voted against him for speaker. Boehner still won re-election.
“During my years here when I voted, I had the eighth most conservative voting record in the Congress,” Boehner said Thursday, rebutting the conservative criticism. “And it does pain me to be described as spineless or a squish.”

“And I tell you what pains me the most is when they describe me as the establishment,” Boehner continued. “Now, I’m the most anti-establishment speaker we’ve ever had.”
“Who was the guy that got rid of earmarks?” the Ohio Republican said. “Whose the guy who believes in regular order? Me. Who believes in allowing more members to participate in the process from both sides of the aisle? Me. I’m pretty comfortable in my own skin. And I’m going to do my best to show all of our members, Democrats and Republicans, and those members who voted against me, that I’m up to the job I was given.

source

No comments: