Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Man says police have mistaken him for Eric Frein over 2 dozen times...

10/22/2014

The hunt for Eric Frein shifted south over the weekend, and for one man, that move couldn't have come soon enough. 

Tuesday's search was once again near the Pocono Mountain School District. where classes were canceled Tuesday. 

The search zone is about 10 miles from Canadensis. For James Tully of Barrett Township, it's a step in the right direction.
"Anytime I move the wrong way, it sends a pain through my rib cage," he said. Tully, 39, walks to work, a two-hour, 5-mile trip each way, and for the past month, right through the heart of the Frein manhunt.

 "The drivers jump out yelling for me to get down on the ground and had a rifle pointed at me," Tully described.

 That was just after midnight Friday when Tully said an unmarked officer put a knee in his back while he was walking home along Route 447.

 "Kept asking me my name, what my name was, what my name was. 

They thought I was Eric Frein," he recalled. 

Tully, who works at J.A. Reinhardt, a machine shop for the aerospace industry, had to sell his car to pay his bills and child support for his two young daughters.

 He said he's been mistaken for Frein by police more than two dozen times. 

He now wears his driver's license around his neck and bright yellow around his back and shoulders, all to make sure police know he's not the man they're looking for.

 "He [Frein] would not stand out like a sore thumb like I'm trying to do," Tully explained. 

Tully said, for the most part, police have been very nice and it was just that one incident on Friday. 

He isn't sure which agency it was, but he said he knows it wasn't the state police.

 His picture has now been passed around to officers to make sure it doesn't happen again. 


Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
source

No comments: