Friday, September 12, 2014

Clovis Family Dollar manager allegedly punched customer in face

9/12/2014





A Clovis woman is suing Family Dollar after she was attacked in the store by the manager almost two years ago. It all started with a $10 bill.
"It's just unbelievable, I've never seen anything quite like this," said attorney Eric Dixon.
Alisha Collins said she went to buy a dog leash and a bag of candy.
"I'm there pretty much every day, or every other day," said Collins.
She claims the cashier behind the register handed her a counterfeit $10 bill in change.
"It was fake, you can tell," said Collins.
Surveillance video shows her looking at the bill, then handing it back. But she says the cashier got a manager instead of handing her a new one.
"She counted the drawer and she said that the money was all there," said Collins.
Collins says in the middle of all the counting, she gave the $10 back, but says the manager never gave her a new one.
"We were arguing back and forth, 'you're going to give me my $10,' she's like 'oh I'm not going to give you your $10,'" said Collins.
Collins says she insisted the store still owed her money.
"I said, 'I'm not going to leave, you need to call the police,'" said Collins.
That's when the manager, Michelle Dunn, allegedly grabbed her arm and punched her in the face.
"There's no justification whatsoever for a manager ever to take the law into their own hands and grab somebody, and manhandle them, and act totally inappropriate. And she obviously went way over the line," said Dixon.
"And I snatched my purse, and everything flew on the floor," said Collins.
Then the manager allegedly threw a can of Pringles at her. When police arrived, officers arrested Collins for robbery.
Those charges have since been dropped, but Collins' lawyer says nothing was done to the manager for her behavior.
This week, a lawsuit was filed on Collins' behalf alleging a violation of civil rights, battery and emotional distress.
Collins says after all this, she's now an assistant manager at Dollar Tree.
"I want to treat customers the way I wanted to be treated," said Collins.



No comments: