Friday, August 8, 2014

Marianne Faithfull Says Her Boyfriend Accidentally Killed Jim Morrison

8/8/2014


DUBLIN – Jim Morrison of The Doors died of a heroin overdose supplied by her then-boyfriend, singer and actress Marianne Faithfull told British music magazine Mojo.

Morrison, 27, was found dead on July 3, 1971, in the bathtub of a Paris apartment.

The medical examiner ruled that Morrison died of heart failure aggravated by alcohol abuse. In the absence of signs of foul play, no autopsy was performed.

Some have suggested that Morrison was killed by heroin he obtained from Jean de Breiteuil, who was then Faithfull’s boyfriend.

De Breiteuil, who had a reputation as a drug dealer to the stars, visited Morrison at the Doors front man’s Paris apartment, Faithfull said in an interview with Mojo.

“I could intuitively feel trouble,” she recounted. “I thought, I’ll take a few Tuinal (barbiturates) and I won’t be there. And he went to see Jim Morrison and killed him.”

“I mean I’m sure it was an accident. Poor bastard. The smack was too strong? Yeah. And he died,” Faithfull, now 67, told the magazine.

“Anyway, everybody connected to the death of this poor guy is dead now. Except me,” she said.

Faithfull, who was Mick Jagger’s companion from 1966-1970, is set to release a new album next month and embark on a world tour to mark her 50 years in music. 


source

No comments: